Friday, September 29, 2006

Big Government Republicans and Internet Gambling


Internet gambling is not an issue I particularly care about (I have less of a "gambling problem" than a "parting-with-my-money problem"). Nonetheless, assuming there are basic protections in place to keep out the kids and the mob, I don't see why the government should particularly care about it either. More importantly, if you proclaim you are the party of small government, I really don't understand why you would go out of your way to put a federal ban on Internet gambling into a port security bill, like Senator Bill Frist (R-Tenn.) has done.

Where's the small government? Where's the states' rights? Where's the "freedom" and "liberty" part of the Republican Party today?

Barry Goldwater must be spinning in his grave.

No comments: